tirsdag, november 13, 2007

ROBOTS DANCING IN THE NIGHT



John Langdon and Katya Casio are Hong Kong Counterfeit. And they really was the sound of the future at the time when the hype called electroclash came down on us like a ton of bricks. Sure, we all still remember Fischerspooner`s «Emerge» and we still giggle along to Miss Kittin & The Hacker`s «Frank Sinatra».

But the one that still makes me dance and shake my head in a frenzy is Hong Kong Counterfeit`s amazing «Metal Disco» from 2000.

// Robots dancing in the night //
// Faces flash in neon lights //
// You know it's time to move your feet //
// To the Metal Disco beat //


But, dear punter, you´ll have to dig that one up yourself ... I want to share these gems with you. These are from the Hong Kong Counterfeit album «Counterparts» from 2004.

HONG KONG COUNTERFEIT «MAGNETIC SUPERFUTURE»


HONG KONG COUNTERFEIT «TELEVISION MAN»


AND THAT´S NOT ALL FOLKS!



John Langdon and Katya Casio are also known as `Lectronix.
... and if i have to choose ... i have to say `Lectronix is my favourite project by John Langdon and Katya Casio.

I mean ... just listen to «Windowshopping In The Mirror»
... you know what i mean? Yes ..?

// I can´t resist the sweet temptetion //
// I want to feel the sweet sensation //
// No other feeling can compare to this //
// Just watch the mirror in a state of bliss //
// Step in my room and you can do it to //
// This windowshopping is for me and you //


`LECTRONIX «WINDOWSHOPPING IN THE MIRROR»


`LECTRONIX feat. MAN PARRISH «MOTORBIKE»


VISIT HONG KONG COUNTERFEIT

1 kommentar:

The eledgable batchelor sa...

Ah! Bringing back great memories of Killyrego.