torsdag, august 17, 2006

The Runaways: Peaches and JD Samson


Next up for Peaches & Herms is the single «Boys Wanna Be Her» and here you have the video dear punters.

Now, do you remember THE RUNAWAYS? I do ... They were my heroines. Can still remember running home from the recordshop with «Waiting For The Night» in my hands. The girls posed with fierce, and arrogant, looks, with their hands wrapped around barb wire. So f**kin` kool! Then came «The Runaways Live In Japan» with gatefold sleeve. Amaaazing!

All that was way before punkrock got hold of me. And it did in the end ... So i traded «...Live In Japan» for some forgotten punk compilation. Idiot! Then i turned 40 ... and what did i get? My dj-sidekick Chris Lynch had heard the story and actually went online and found the missing diamond in my collection. So now i`m once again the lucky owner of «The Runaways live In Japan».

All of this happened at the same time as Peaches hooked up with my heroine Joan Jett to make the record «Impeach My Bush». Peaches also went out an got hold a new heroine of mine, JD Samson. It`s just one of those things i guess ... everything goes around in circles. Lovely! Joan Jett has been busy as well. Out with a new album now and a kick ass video for the song «ACDC» - i guess you can figure out what the theme is. If not, i`ll get back to you on that one.

But back to Peaches and her new band Herms.
They are crashlanding in Oslo, John Dee, september 13th.
And i`m going!

Look at the video for «Boys Wanna Be Her» and if you are anything like me you`ll know what i mean when i say «Neon Angels On The Road To Ruin» ....

Ingen kommentarer: