tirsdag, september 25, 2007

GODSTAR :: S/HE IS HERE

PSYCHIC TV IS DEAD/LONG LIVE PTV3



Genesis P-Orridge and his troupe of godstars are heading up north again. Saturday 29. september at Blå – and i could hold my breath ´til then ... but i have to prepare.

I`ve been granted an interview with Genesis P-Orridge. Though we´ve met before, it was just a social meet and greet – however, he called out from stage «Here comes your song», pointed at me and started playing «Godstar» ... I will never grow up – i´m such an idolizer. That said, you could do far worse than to idolize someone as gentle, intelligent and inspirational as Genesis P-Orridge.

I discovered Psychic TV through my obsession with Marc Almond and Soft Cell. And after that Coil of course. Musick, Magick & Mayhem.

Check out, and buy, the new album by PTV3, «Hell Is Invisible...Heaven Is Here»


And I will share with you two of my favourite Psychic TV tracks.
First up is, of course, «Godstar» (Temple Records 1984). A haunting lovesong for Brian Jones, «one of the Rolling Stones …».
DOWNLOAD PSYCHIC TV «GODSTAR»



Genesis P-Orridge was not only a pioneer of industrial music, but Psychic TV was well into the wave of sound that would become techno and acid house. «Re-mind» from the album «Peak Hour» (Temple Records 1993) is a perfect example of magick mixed with rhythm.
DOWNLOAD PSYCHIC TV «RE-MIND»



THIS IS PTV3!






AND TO FUEL YOUR DESIRE: A FLICK FROM WAY BACK WHEN ... PSYCHIC TV «YOUR BODY»

Ingen kommentarer: